Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In the 'Hood...

Summer is working itself out nicely in our neighborhood. The cool mornings give way to hot afternoons. Afternoons where we laze around, nap and read because we have swam out all of our energy. Then usually back to the pool we go for swim team practice or for relaxation where we pretend  we are on vacation. Just when I think one season is my favorite, then here comes another. Summer has been no dissapointment!

On the days where we haven't gotten up the energy to mosey up to the pool, the action is on our cul-de-sac.

 

Mainly our porch. It is nice and inviting and begs to be sat upon. It is surprising to me that the subject of our porch hasn't been the focus of most of our blog posts as so much of our time is spent here. One day I gave Kylie my camera and so we will go about an afternoon of fun in our front yard.

It all starts by usually just one child. One kid running outside and then all the others "know" and soon leave the confines of their homes. A doorbell ring here and there and then soon there is a full blown playdate happening before you know it. On any given day Mom's and Dad's gather just to chat as their kids play about them. Today it just happened to be a few of us moms.


I am thinking up some cute project where I can sew some stair pillows because after a few hours of sitting on those things, your rear begins to really feel it. Or not feel it if you know what I mean!

Usually the boys battle and have some game where they fight eachother.




Some days they fight on the same team against the girls, and sometimes they fight against eachother. Today I think they were wanting to fight with Kylie and show her their moves.


But I am sure if you asked Gabe, he would say he was fighting a fierce dragon in this picture.


Don't mess with this boy!


If they are not fighting, then most likely they can be found chilling on the porch.



Or reading...



Or eating...


Or walking Lumpy through the drainage water... (don't ask.)
(I don't even want to think about how many balls are down in that drain!)


Or just hanging out with friends.


It is interesting getting to see things from another perspective. To view these pictures through my daughters eyes has shown me how much our friends mean to us. They are people we see on a daily basis. We have laughed, cried and borrowed a lot of food from eachother! I like our little community.

And then there is Kylie... My little photographer.


She has shown me a bit of her own creativity and humor.


and her cute feet.


She is strong and steady too when she wants to be.


Kylie has taught me something new everyday and I am so thankful that she is my firstborn. 


If you peek, you can see me on my perch on the right hand side of this photo. There was a picture of us Mom's on my porch but I am afraid I would be ousted by my friends if it was posted! ;-) How I love our time spent outside! Especially from Kylie's perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!