Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Walking...

And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. ~~ Micah 6:8

This verse came into my mind often this morning as I went through my daily routines. Washing dishes, feeding children, gulping down coffee to keep up with the day. My windows are wide open and from them, I hear birds, whistling wind and children laughing as they play together. Such a good, calming thing to hear.

Since this move to NC, I have had so much more time to think. I am not caught up in work to distract my attention from my family, the ones I love. This life I have, has felt like a giant pendulum, swinging to and fro. I know I have acted in a rebound of sorts. From a set group of friends from work to now a group who freely chooses who they are friends with. Sets me a bit out of my element as I tend to please who I am with. Ugh, peeling that onion of insecurities!
Through this time, there have been great fulfilling relationships formed and oddly enough, there is still a void in that department. More friends? More people liking me? When I stop and think about it, my life is full and I am thankful to run to the One who fills me up. And that is where the verse comes in.

We are all on a journey. Faithfully walking to please the One who created us. The One who knit us in our mother's womb. He knows us intricately, and wants the best for us! So that is what drew me to the verse above. What does He desire from us? To act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with MY God. Does that mean worry about what others think? Nope. Does that mean to please others by being working way too hard to please? Yep, that is another no.

You know, those words also go for this blog. I am reminded that the purpose here is to document our Lifesong... OUR life. But when I print this out someday, will my kids see a reflection of our days? Or things that attempt to bring attention to me or things. So convicting. I don't want to pull others away from what is clamoring for their time. This is for me. Our family. And if it encourages others along the way I am thankful.

Now to put this walk to practice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!