Saturday, April 2, 2011

In the Kitchen...

While in the kitchen with my daughter, I thought, "Hmmm... I don't think I have blogged about cooking!" So me and my impulsive self said "I'm gonna do it now." So here I am. Cooking has been one of the biggest surprises to me while becoming a full time stay at home Mom. Now I have always liked to cook but now I "get" those other women out there that said they liked to cook because it was cathartic. I love serving my family good food where they sing my accolades about how wonderful it tastes. (most of the time!) It is a total stroke to my ego, I admit. Maybe it is the cold weather, but hot food just screams LOVE. Dishing out comfort food just warms the soul and heart so stirring the pot just is one other way I can show my family that love resides here. And I love how I can push all the other stuff out and just focus on creating. Sure, there are times when kids are at my ankles, and the fussing and fighting just push me over the edge. That is where my head spins around and I kick everyone out to their appointed areas but usually, I allow them to join in.

Hey, I said this was an impulsive post and thus no current pictures so enjoy some flashbacks!


I am starting to see some fruit come about because of my labor - and yes, I do mean LABOR!!! Both Kylie and Luke have now begun to make their own creations and enjoy serving us, the adults, and who could reject that?


So tonight my daughter has put together one killer lasagna and I am going to sign off now to eat it!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I totally hadn't read your comment below the picture of Kylie yet, when I was like WOW Kylie looks soooo young. Is it her angle she is standing, is it her smile? Then I read the comment about these pictures being flashbacks. Duh!! I should have no better. hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!