Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello old friend...

I feel as though this blog has become an old friend. One that you can call in the afternoon and pick right back up where you left off. Sharing the ups and downs of life with reckless abandon and unconditional love. Don't you love friends like that?

I was recently visited by a friend that shares those values. We used to be so close - so close in fact that we lived together for a year right after college. I have watched her kids grow up (way too fast I might add), called her when the day was too much to deal with by myself and have rejoiced in the beauty of life together. It has been sweet and I am so thankful that I can have a friend like her. Our visit was like time had stood still and we were right back where we were. Going places in the same vehicle (now added by a total of 6 little chaperones), sharing laughs and going to vunerable places in our hearts. Sweet.

This blog is an old friend of sorts. Getting those roaming thoughts out on paper, recording the highs and lows of life, kind of a therapy of sorts and a documentation of the growth of our family. Goodness, just like an old friend.

Many things have changed in my life since I was regularly blogging. I miss the time where I could record our goings on here in this little piece of the world wide web. I feel like I have been gone too long but I know I can pick up right where we left off. In the world of the new face book age, I feel that my life is broken up into little snippets. I don't want my life to be small little updates. There is more roaming around in my head sometimes, I don't want to cheapen the deeper meanings behind my quick words.

Just like eating desert and not wanting to brush your teeth lest you loose the sweet indulgent flavors in your mouth, I want to linger on the bigger thigns in life. I hope to do that here.

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures."
-- Kahil Gibran


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!