Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our church history...

Back in the day when we first moved to Orlando, Jon and I felt led to start our own church. We had a passion and what we felt a call to our lives to go into full time ministry. We moved up to Orlando with no contacts, no friends, no theology degree, no money and a vision.

We rented a home and looked for a church to go to in the meantime. The first church we went to was Northland, A Church Distributed and the rest was history! Jon looked at me and said "this is the church that I wanted to start! We don't need to reinvent the wheel, lets just go here." While I would have loved to be a pastor's wife, I did breathe out a huge sigh of relief.

While my desire at first was to go to a church that was smaller and more community oriented, Northland has been a great fit for us. Pastor Joel Hunter is a remarkable man who is reaching my hearts cry at what the church should be. He has been active in community at the local and national level and it will be exciting to see where God takes him in the years to come. We are blessed as a family to be involved in such a ministry!

A few weeks ago, we went to church and this song was in my head for days afterwards. I was poking around the Internet today and found it! Hope you enjoy it!


Holy God RP from Northland, A Church Distributed on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. My brother and sister both used to go to Northland and loved it! Glad you are enjoying it also. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!