Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ramblings of a drug induced Momma...

With young kids it is tough to find a quiet moment to meditate on the things of God. I try to wake up early, they do too. I try to stay up late, they do too. Things just don't work out the way I would like them to. Things just don't seem routine.

I know this is just a season of life. My precious children will grow up quicker than I would like but I really want to curl up and spend some time with God ya know? Is that too much to ask?

So I will take what I can get. Lately, I hide in my shower. Yes, my shower. Now I am not the first mom who will admit that they have great revelations from God in the shower. It is quiet, it is cleansing, and most of all, it is quiet. Did I say there are no interruptions in the shower??!

Today in my prayer closet (aka the shower) I just had a long time chat with my Papa. See, I know Jon and I were obedient in paring down our living quarters. Some things just have to change. We moved from our home and are taking advantage of low cost housing provided from our work, a wonderful opportunity if you ask me. Things seemed so clear to me, to us that we needed to make a change.

Now, I don't think that we heard wrong from God. I still believe that we are on this road for a purpose. We continue to trust in the one who will provide for us. We had great plans of being freer with our finances, being able to give more as we felt led. Now we are in gridlock with a budget as tight as stone. I feel torn at wanting to give to people in need but having nothing to give.

I am thankful for all that we do have. Our health (aside from this nasty sniffle I have currently), our family, a roof over our head and food on our table. We are blessed with awesome friends who love on us to no end.

What I pray for us as a family is that we can continue to trust in the plan God has for us. Our future is not clear for us but we can trust the One who has our lives in His hands.

This is our favorite verse not only for ourselves but for the boys we serve.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I am so thankful for Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!