Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just amuse me here!

Now, I have to ask that you cut this former Florida girl some slack. See, I have never lived further north than Savannah Georgia to really enjoy four seasons!

So today you could only imagine my giddyness when 5 guys with blowers went on attack at all of the leaves that are outside on our yard. Our house is a rental so I suppose it has been vacant for some time and the leaves have long since lost their golden color. Our kids were just dying to go jump in this pile but I had to surpress their urge.


This was just the leaves from the front yard! You should have seen the back! I am so thankful they did this as the job seemed a bit daunting for just me and a rake. Kylie and Luke stood in front of the door and watched as they worked. Kylie couldn't help go out front to get a better look. Glad she has adjusted well to the cold as she ran out with no shoes!



Oh, and just in case you didn't know... NC dirt + rain = MUD! And lots of it.

Have a great day and stay tuned for more culture shock moments. I am sure there will be a few more. ;-)



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to NC friend! I can't blame them for wanting to jump into those leaves! Looks like a fun pile - and huge too!

    Can't wait to see you sometime (soon I hope).

    Love
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!