Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cars and trials...

We have been trying to buy a car now for a few weeks. My husband is a great deal talker so this has been a long process where I hope it is soon finished and we have a great new car in the driveway. When we were driving my old Honda into the dealership, my kids were in the back having a grand ol' time. They were speaking about how they LOVED my car and were sad that it was going. They spoke about how beautiful and fun it was.

Now this is what was going through my head! Gosh, I can't wait to get rid of this car! It has no air conditioning so I have to drive it in 90 degree Florida heat with all the windows down. It messes up my hair and I am just praying it doesn't rain because the windshield wipers really don't work so well. And there is nothing worse then a hot car with no a/c and rain.

Then this verse ran through my head.
James 1:2-4 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.


The whole ride, my children's laughter was speaking to me. I love what I learn about God through my children. All they saw out of this trial was joy!

Seems like a lot of people could be reminded of this verse. One only needs to listen to the news for a few moments to hear about economic downturns, politics and other less than uplifting news. Anxiety is quick to move in and steal our joy. Don't let your joy be stolen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!