Friday, November 9, 2007

Well, it is beginning to pay off...

My parenting philosophy is to start the kids young at activities they might not master until later. Cleaning, chores and helping out around the home have been one area that I try to be consistent with. While I don't expect them to do a bang up job, at least they are making an effort.

Well, tonight my daughter did something unexpected and it warmed my heart. Now she cleans well when asked mind you, but she noticed something that needed to be done and then did it. She walked into the bathroom and noticed that all of her hair bows and such had fallen from the basket onto the floor. She began to pick them all up and then neatly reorganize the whole basket area. She then informed me that she had done this after it was completed. I was so proud of her!

Also before bedtime (I am hoping it wasn't a stalling technique!) my daughter and son reminded ME that they needed to clean up their toys before bedtime. Kids can be such accountability?

So keep on keeping on. Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!