Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Uugghhhh....

Today was the first day in parenting history that I have left my children in a friends care for over a few hours. I left them for 8 hours today! Not only did I leave them today, I will be leaving them for 3 more days as I complete a mandatory training at work.

This is why we work at the Children's Home... So we don't have to send them to daycare. I am with them 24/7. Do I believe in babysitting? Oh, absolutely! Just never happens though in my life.

Prayers were sent up to God as today approached. Thankfully God heard those prayers and my kids had a great time. My DS said he didn't even cry for me! Yippee!

The sad thing though, was that I didn't really get to spend any time with them after dinner/errands/bath then bed. Not compared to the hours and hours and hours that I am with them daily. I know their every emotion in detail! But today, I only got the synopsis of the day... Sniff...

Thankfully, my DD likes to talk so she gave me a detailed version but still. It doesn't compare to really being there.

Sappy, I know. But I love my kids and enjoy being around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!